- The Dulnain River Walk including the famous old bridge is right on our doorstep
- Walks through the Woodland Trust's Ellan Wood, regenerating mixed Scots pine and birch forest, are across the street
- Historic and ancient Sluggan/ Dalnahaitach/ Caledonian Forest areas only minutes by car, or a leisurely bike ride or good long walks along country roads, forest tracks paths
- For the more adventurous the Cairngorms are only a half hour away. Similarly, the Monadliath Mountains and other great, rugged Highland hill walking areas are within easy reach.
- There are too many possibilities for fishing to list but perhaps the most significant is the world renowned River Spey, famous for its Salmon and only 10 minutes drive.
- Again there are too many possibilities to list them all. The Carr Bridge Golf Club is minutes away and offers a rather enjoyable 9 holes with some spectacular views of the Cairngorms.
- Horseback Riding
- Carr Bridge Pony Trekking, right next door to MellonPatch
- So much of Scotland's ancient historic and natural heritage is to be found in the area and easily accessible from MelLonPatch:
- The Heather Centre
- RSPB Osprey Centre
- Strathspey Steam Railway
- Caledonian Forest
- Culloden Moor
- . . . and much more
- Scotch Malt Whisky:
- Speyside is one of the major Scotch Malt Whisky distilling areas
Several Distilleries, open to the public are within a short drive; Tomatin, Glen Morangie to name a few.
For more info. on Scotch Malt Whisky Distilleries in the area check the Scotch Malt Whisky Society Website
- Cairgorms 15 min drive
- The Lecht 30 min drive
- Glenshee 1 hr drive
- Clen Coe ~2 hr drive
- Aonach Mor ~2 hr drive
- Glenmore Lodge for cross country, mountaineering and other extreme winter sports skills 15 min drive
- Unlimited cross country skiing for the experienced outdoors person
- Glenmore Lodge 15 min drive
- Loch Morlich Watersports